Please call for discounts on orders of 10 coins or more.
The American Gold Eagle is one of the most widely traded gold bullion coin in the world and is a favorite among collectors and investors alike.
- Contains 1 oz actual gold weight.
- Bears a nominal legal tender value of $25.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in tubes. All other coins are in ONR protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty lighting the way into the 20th century with a torch in her right hand.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with their hatchling.
- Dates will be of our choosing and based on availability.
Since its introduction in 1986, the American Gold Eagle has become the most widely traded gold bullion coin in the world—continuing gold's five thousand year legacy of desirability and value. As stipulated by law, Gold Eagles are composed of gold mined solely in the United States with a purity of 91.67%, oat. They are available in 4 denominations containing 1, 1/2, 1/4, or 1/10 ounces of gold. Since the coin is .9167 pure and not .9999, the weight of each coin is actually slightly more than 1 ounce, so as to still allow 1 ounce of pure gold in each coin.
The obverse descends directly from the most beautiful coin in US history—the Saint Gaudens Double Eagle, designed by the sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens and chosen by Theodore Roosevelt to symbolize the United States as an emerging power in the world. Lady Liberty, an allegorical representation of the United States, is depicted lighting the way into the 20th century with a torch in her right hand, and an olive branch indicative of peace in her left. In the background is a rising sun symbolizing the "dawn of a new day," thanks to the democracy of the United States—represented by a rendition of the Capitol building at the coin's lower left.
The reverse features a new design created by the sculptor Miley Busiek in 1986, depicting a male bald eagle holding an olive branch in his talons and flying towards the nest of his mate and their hatchling. These coins are the quintessential representation of our country and the ideals upon which it was founded.