How To Liquidate an Estate
Whether a loved one moves or passes away, dealing with his or her estate can be an overwhelming process. Many do not know where to begin. While it may in other cases prove worthwhile to sell things online, it is wiser to hire a professional when it comes to liquidating an estate. Online sales, or even worse, yard sales cannot guarantee the maximum value of your loved one’s belongings. At Olevian Numismatic Rarities, we specialize in no-obligation appraisals of coins, jewelry, and other numismatic pieces.
Tips for Appraisal
- Take inventory and identify the significant items. You’ll want to separate the more valuable items from the bulk of the estate.
- Catalog the items to keep things organized and to have an idea of where to start.
- Research the items to make sure you are getting a fair price.
- Appraise everything! Don’t disregard any items. Though something may appear worthless, it could in actuality be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars!
- Sell items to a reputable dealer. ONR will offer you top prices for all of your estate coins and bullion.
- Consider donating unsold items. Goodwill and Salvation Army are two organizations that will happily take your unclaimed items.
- Plan ahead. Talk to family members and friends who will be involved in the appraisal process and determine ahead of time if any pieces will be assumed by a loved one, rather than sold to the public.
- Do your research on appraisers! Ask for references and referrals.
So in the midst of a stressful move, or during the grieving of a passed loved one, give yourself a break by seeking professional assistance! The closing and assessment of an estate does not have to be as burdensome as it may at first seem. Find support and plan ahead to simplify the estate sale process and contact Olevian Numismatic Rarities for your appraising needs. To schedule an appraisal, fill out our online form or call us at 1-844-667-2646.